Nicki Minaj Sued Over Unauthorized Use Of Her Own Photos
Nicki Minaj has been accused of using a group of photographers’ snaps without permission.
According to documents obtained by The Blast, paparazzi at Splash News and Picture Agency are suing the rapper for using multiple copyrighted shots they took of her and posting them on social media.
The photos in question feature Minaj posing at events like a Harper’s Bazaar Party in New York City in 2017 and a New York Fashion Week party in 2018.
Nicki is also accused of using the images to promote herself and her business ventures to her over-91 million Instagram follower.
“DEFENDANT’S UNAUTHORIZED USE IS EXPRESSLY COMMERCIAL IN NATURE,” THE LAWSUIT READS. “MINAJ USES HER INSTAGRAM FEED FOR THE PURPOSE OF PROMOTION – SPECIFICALLY, TO PROMOTE HER BUSINESS INTERESTS, PRODUCTS, AND VENTURES; TO PROMOTE AND SELL THE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES OF OTHERS; TO MAINTAIN AND INCREASE HER VISIBILITY AND DESIRABILITY AS AN ENDORSER, ACTRESS, MODEL, AND ENTERTAINMENT PERSONALITY; AND TO PROMOTE HER PERSONA AND CELEBRITY STATUS.
“IN SHORT, EVERYONE OF MINAJ’S INSTAGRAM POSTS IS FUNDAMENTALLY PROMOTING SOMETHING TO HER 91 MILLION FOLLOWERS.”
- Ty Dolla $ign Ft. WizKid – For The Crew
- Young Thug ft. Davido – Lady
- Runtown Ft Peruzzi – Point Made
- Zlatan ft Tiwa Savage - Shotan
- Tiwa Savage ft kizz Daniel - Ello Baby
- Olamide Ft Wizkid – Totori
- Fireboy -Jealous
- Naira Marley ft Zlatan - Yahoo-Boy
- Larry Gaaga ft Wizkid - Low
- Naira Marley ft. Zlatan Ibile – Illuminati
- Dj Maff Ft Jaywon – 442
- Naira Marley - Soapy
- Burna boy - Anybody
- Soft ft Wizkid - Money Remix
- Mayorkun ft kizz-daniel - True
- Eblack ft Duncan mighty - Bilie